The 10 Greatest

I was reading a post on the JJ about the most "influential" bikes of all time and although the majority of the bikes were not my style... it got me thinking??What are the 10 "GREATEST" choppers of all time....not the most influential.There is a difference.If you have a picture of the chopper you think worthy ( any make but old bikes only ) & a detail or 2 send it in and I will start posting them.This Pan head belongs to John Edwards as most of you all know and I took these pictures ( not bad ) right after he finished a few years ago.This bike to me belongs on that list...the proportions could not be more right on,the parts speak for themselves and the paint is flawless.I have the good fortune of riding with this bike a lot and I can tell you it runs even better than it looks.This look & bike is timeless !!!Send me your favorites & let's see what you all think!! email me @ jimmy.dickens@hotmail.com


10 comments:

BitMonkey said...

In the context of the original discussion I absolutely believe your black springer Triumph belongs on the most influential list. Clearly others think so too. IMO that bike influenced almost everyone building Triumphs in recent years, whether they know it or not. It's the reason I built a Triumph.

Guy@GK said...

Agree with you Mike. Agree with BitMonkey too.

Throwback said...

Agreed for sure. I'm supprised nobody on the JJ posted it. There is no more better example of an early 60's show chopper. It influences me every time I look at it.

Mike Davis said...

Thanks for the props on the Triumph..it was my first.Send the bikes you think should be on this list...I am racking my brain to see what belongs!!

Sid Fishous said...

Agreed on the Trumpet bobber! That bike may not have started the bobber fire, but it did, by all accounts, add a copious amount of fuel to it. That bike at any price would still be timeless. However, knowing about how much that bike was built for (I inquired about having one like it built when it was originally for sale waaayyy back) it embodied the truth behind every raw, blue-collar garage shop build. Anyone that has an interest in this scene, knows that bike. Not by its name, but by what it is... low buck, stripped down, no excuse, raw... pure sex. Visually, the bike was simply perfect and has earned its place amoung legends.

DSTim said...

I agree! This bike is John Edward's bike is AMAZING.... great in print and even better in person.... RAD!

BitMonkey said...

My apologies for steering your post off into the weeds. That wasn't my intent.

Mike Davis said...

BitMonkey no worries.

Unknown said...

I think the first version of Chopper Daves Panhed should be on the list.

hotsos said...

Brian Setzer's red triumph is up there for sure. and definitely many people would agree that black triumph of yours with the big tires is way up there too.